- First, you need a good map of the place that you want to visit and an estimation of the distance and itinerary to reach it.
- Second, it is always useful to have an idea of the weather to expect, in order not to pack only a swimsuit when what you really need is an insulated polar jacket.
- Third, you might need the service of the Universal Currency Converter to determine the latest exchange rate between any two currencies.
- In the TGV pages you will find a variety of information about the French high speed trains, including the Eurostar service, which connects Brussels and Paris with London through the chunnel.
- The Eurostar, Thalys, and the Belgian Railways have also official web sites with information on schedules and fares.
- The DB interactive timetable on the net offers a wealth of information on trains in Germany plus many more in all of Europe. Searches are quickly and efficiently performed using a remarkable user interface. Results present not only the train connections, but also complete departure/arrival plans of the station, and detailed information about every train. A must!
- For further information on European railways, including schedules, consult the Mercurio server in Italy.
- The subway navigator allows you to find routes in subway systems of various cities around the world.
- Specific information about the Paris metro, RER, and buses is also available in the Paris Pages a smart collection of everything regarding the City of Light.
Information about Belgium
- First check the Travel informations if you plan a trip to visit me.
- A general overview of Belgium is also available to learn more about geography and politics.
- A brief presentation of my hometown, Liège "la cité ardente" can be found in the City Net guide.
- Foreign visitors should read this essay on Belgian culture to understand what is the "Belgian compromise" and learn more about the Belgian way of life.
- The Belgians Abroad Homepage provides links to the home pages of Belgians studying or working abroad.
- A digest of Belgian news, Radio Belche is published weekly on-line (in French).
Information about New York
Information about Swansea and Wales
- The Wales Tourist Board has an official site providing information to wanna-be visitors of the 'land of inspiration'.
- There is also a separate site devoted to the numerous and famous Welsh castles which enlighten the landscape in many places.
- A nice satellite view of Swansea can be found... in Belgium on the Edusat server of the university of Liège.
- More pictures of Swansea and the neighbouring beaches can be found in the section of the UK Travel Guide describing this town.
Road Sheets of my Journeys
- See this specific page for the complete itinerary of my trip to Scotland during Summer 1998 and the list of Internet resources that I have used to plan my journey
- And this one for the trip that I made to Boston and New England in August 2001.
- An outline of my trip to Japan during July and August 2003 has been completed by this much more thorough site.
- Now I am preparing my forthcoming trip to Central Europe due to take place in August 2004 (work in progess).
To be continued ...
[back to the Nest]
[about the Nest]
Last updated August 2, 2004